No Surgery Tomorrow

Well, we got the news….no surgery tomorrow.  We are disappointed, but know that God’s timing is always the right timing and we will continue to trust Him with this.  We thought things were looking up, as throughout the morning and early afternoon Greg’s temp was gradually coming down.  Got down to 98.8, but the very next time it was checked it was at 99.3 and continued to steadily rise until it reached 100.9.  Last check it had come down to 100.0.

The way Greg feels has also fluctuated all day…..bad for awhile, then a little better, then bad again.  His appetite remains poor most of the time, although at lunch he did eat a bowl of soup and some grapes and drank a Boost.  Nothing since then, though.  This evening they took him down for a CT scan to check to see if the new cancerous areas were growing and causing some of the issues.  I think he will also be having an echocardiogram tomorrow.

We’re hoping that by tomorrow evening they will have the results of the blood cultures and other tests that have been done and be able to make a plan for what to do next.

To top all of this off, Katie is having car trouble.  She is in Pine Mountain and we, of course, are in Houston!  But…..the cool thing is that we just changed insurance companies and Greg decided to add the roadside assistance….which we have never had before.  But, he thought that with two teen drivers and one being gone from home, it might be a good idea, so he got it!  Isn’t it just like God to prompt Greg to get it, knowing that it would come in handy so soon!  Just another little way that the Lord is reminding us that He loves us, cares about us and will provide for us!  So, the car will be towed to a shop tomorrow to be looked at and hopefully be ready for her to use when she leaves for camp on Tuesday.

Please join us in praying for the following:

1. That our family would handle our current circumstances in a way that pleases the Lord and points others to Him

2. That the results of the CT scan would bring good news, not bad

3. That Greg’s fever would resolve and stay normal

4. That Greg’s nausea would dissipate and his appetite would return

5. That the doctors would have wisdom in determining what is going on in Greg’s body and what the next step in treatment should be

6. That Greg and I would both rest well tonight

7. That the problem with Katie’s car would be minor and easily fixed, so that it will be ready for her to drive by Tuesday

8. That Emilie and Jacob would stay safe and healthy while we are away

Thanks to all of you that are helping us out with the kids while we are gone, and thanks to all of you for being so faithful to pray for us!

Trusting His Plan,

Greg and Sandra


3 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. rhondaboyle
    May 17, 2013 @ 00:30:58

    Thank you for sharing so faithfully, Sandra. You are in my prayers.



  2. Jennifer
    May 17, 2013 @ 07:50:39

    Praying. God is good all the time. All the time God is good.



  3. Carla Gates
    May 17, 2013 @ 11:45:38

    Praying for y’all! I know it has to be hard seeing him feel so poorly. You are a super trooper and inspire so many!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: