A Long Day And He Hasn’t Even Been Admitted Yet!

We left for Houston last night. Our 8:30 flight was delayed and we ended up not leaving Atlanta until about 9:45. We were VERY thankful that we even made the flight. It was really full and at one time it looked as if there would be no available seats. We seriously thought that Greg would get the very last seat, and I would have to fly out today, but by the grace of God, we both made the flight! We got to the hotel about 12:15am (1:15 ATL time) and I was exhausted. We left the hotel at 7am this morning. Greg has had bloodwork, met with a nutritionist and saw the oncologist. At this point, we are still waiting for his room to be ready.

The oncologist says that all of Greg’s bloodwork looks really good and he feels he is ready for round two of biochemotherapy. He believes, based on labwork, that Greg’s body is responding well to this treatment. Praise God for that great news!! We got a bit of a surprise though, when the doctor told us that he was considering adding another drug to the present biochemo regimen….Yervoy. Yervoy is another immunological drug, which the doctor feels would be helpful in increasing Greg’s chances of having a better and longer response to the biochemo. Unfortunately, Yervoy comes with its own set of harsh side effects, which can be long-term and continue for several months even after the medication is stopped. After much discussion, it was decided that the Yervoy will not be added this time. We want to have more time to process this new information and to pray about the best way to proceed. It’s so nice to have a doctor who listens to your concerns and works with you and helps you talk it through to decide the best treatment for you as an individual. He was totally fine with us taking some time before committing to adding this new drug.

After meeting with him, we got some lunch and have been waiting to be admitted. Praying that it will be soon….the sooner we get this treatment started, the sooner we can go home!! We’ll keep you all posted! Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!

Trusting His Plan,
Greg, Sandra, Katie, Emilie and Jacob

Advertisements

4 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. Karla Lail
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 18:25:52

    Praying for treatment to be tolerable this time…and extremely effective!

    Like

    Reply

  2. celeste
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 19:53:48

    I’ve been praying for you all since yesterday, and pray the treatment goes well this time. Love you guys.

    Like

    Reply

  3. Sandy
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 20:01:45

    We too will be praying for God’s guidance on the possible new drug, that treatment goes well and for a safe trip home.

    Like

    Reply

  4. Faye
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 07:11:51

    What great news! I’m so glad he’s responding well to the biochemo.

    Like

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: